The frequency at which I think about this is suspicious.
Most often while driving I play out the situation in which I single handily improve the prison system.
This should be recognized as a brainstorm in infancy, and considered as a "for your consideration."
I do not have an extensive knowledge of incarceration, nor the prison system.
- Inmates should not be aloud 'cable TV.' instead, they should have access to the PBS library in it's entirety, & chosen documentaries and films. The BBC 6 hour mini series will be permitted as well.
- Inmates need to grow their own food. Manual labor and responsibility will cut into their time to get into shenanigans.
- There debt to society should be paid off by working for charities of some type. Or in some way helping with relief efforts of tragedies around the world.
- School should be required. and if a high school diploma/ G.E. had not been earned before they were sentenced, they should not have the opinion to be released, or parole until one is earned.
- They should not be provide with personal televisions for individual cells. Books will be readily available and encouraged.
-Everyday the New York times crossword puzzel will be handed out and the inmate who solves it correctly the fastest will recieve some sort of prize. maybe cigarettes.