Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The voice that breaks all bounderys

R Kelly wears many hats and do-raggs. He is a musician, innovator, poet, convicted sex offender and pedophile. He dabbles in all mediums, rhythmic pentameter, free form, abstract word association, just to name a few. R Kelly has started his self proclaimed and funded, acting career. He has come out with "Trapped in the Closet" chapters 1-22. His Hip Hopera touches on sensitive subject and was solely written, and directed by the man himself. We bought the DVD of this production for Dani Punderson's birthday 2 years ago. We watched it I would say roughly 9 times with in a months passing. I forgot the cinematic genius that was involved. This is one of my favorite chapters. I can know all 2 hours worth by heart. Appreciate what is, "Trapped in the Closet" Chapter 11.

CAUTION: THERE IS PROFANITY IN THE FOLLOWING SCENE


A true thespian. On the DVD there was a special feature, where it is a live performance by R Kelly and Plays all the Characters. It is an actual one man show, in front of a live audience. He held this show 4 times and I am still distraught I did not attend.

1 comment:

  1. I really feel like R. Kelly gets me. It's like he wrote this about my life. Thanks R.

    ReplyDelete