Wednesday, May 5, 2010

We must be over the rainbow

Cinco De Mayo. A day for pinatas, porch sitting and pollo. I thought that's what I had in store for me.

Negative. When I showed up to my designated BBQ, it was American flags, Burgers, Apple pie, and a box collection worth 12 hours of John Wayne films. I felt like I walked into Ralph Laurens house on 4th of July. I was in the mood for salsa, and the smooth sounds of a mariachi band. I wanted to feel like a minority and wear unflattering sombreros. I had the urge to beat a multicolored, paper mache animal, blind flooded until candy pours out. To turn lemons into lemonade, I am proud to announce I won a watermelon eating contest against some fool who challenged me. still don't know his name, but he sure knows his place.


Domino September 2007, Libertine designer, Johnson Hargit's home. its a terrible picture i know, but i have the editorial in my clippings

No comments:

Post a Comment