Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Esthetic Vacuum

My "Art appreciation and Museum touring" class gives extra credit so going to events held at Museums. Last month I went to the Natural History Museum in LA for their "First Friday" music performance. Breakestra and Fitz & the Tantrums were featured. Just some funky, feel good sounds. good time right? I really enjoy them both. My companion made it clear it wasn't their kinda music, I concluded there is a hearing problem to address.

The Museum did this last year too. I saw The Bird and the Bee there as well. The issue i have is trying to talk some one into going to LA to the Natural History museum. People just don't like museums apparently. it pains my heart. Combine visual stimulation, history, and music? There is nothing wrong with that mixture.
Sorta want to go to this week to see The Tallest Man on Earth (I have recently been introduced to him) and Gamble House, (by the by, have you ever been to the actually Gamble house? AMAZING, its in Pasadena right around the corner from the Norton Simon Museum. I was there 2 weeks ago. I suggest you take the tour if you get the chance. the house is a marvel of hand crafted glory.)

No comments:

Post a Comment